Convene, connect, and
invest with confidence.
Welcome to the CRA Network of Wisconsin, a new service of the Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA) designed for member financial institutions.
WEDA’s economic and community development members have been facilitating development through their expertise and experience for more than 40 years. Our members’ work in areas including housing and small business helps to revitalize and stabilize communities.
The CRA Network creates access to common regional tools and resources to help member financial institutions collaborate locally and statewide on Community Reinvestment Act eligible opportunities. For WEDA economic and community development members, the CRA Network delivers access to a bench of financial institution experts who can provide counsel and technical assistance on applicable projects.
CRA Network of Wisconsin members:
- Collaborate and socialize with regional leaders in community development to strengthen CRA strategies.
- The primary purpose for the CRA Network of Wisconsin and its design is to provide forums for deal making and structuring.
- Connect with peers and experts who help get innovative projects going and keep projects on track.
- The CRA Network of Wisconsin links members with regional development professionals to support more successful deals, community growth, and organizational missions.
- Gain unique pathways to eligible CRA services, lending, and investments.
- The CRA Network of Wisconsin seeks applications from regional housing, workforce, community and economic development professionals for project presentations to be delivered in closed session. Applications require information tied to CRA eligibility such as census tract and number of people employed in LMI areas.
- Learn about common credit needs and trends in your community.
- Convening with regional peers ensures members stay informed on changing conditions in their marketplace.
- Create a network and forum to see and provide feedback on developing community based projects.
- Regional focus ensures members are informed on activity in their marketplace, creating access to deals that may otherwise have gone unnoticed.
- Support new CRA/loan officers with relationship building and training opportunities.
- Every Regional Meeting is followed by an opportunity for Community Networking at a hosted post-meeting social to foster relationship network opportunities for new loan officers and community developers.
- Enhance community leadership.
- The Network fosters increased communication, information, and relationships for the regions. These elements are critical to community leadership.
- Participate in the Governor’s Conference on Economic Development, including a CRA specific tract.
- The first event for the CRA Network of Wisconsin will be the February 1st, 2018 Governor’s Conference to “kickoff” the growing network.
- Network with development professionals as well as representatives from the FDIC, Federal Reserve Banks, and OCC who can share technical assistance and strategies to improve CRA performance.
- The annual meeting at the Governor’s Conference on Economic Development includes a CRA specific tract where CRA regulators may deliver presentations and facilitate conversations.
2018 Meeting Dates & Locations:
|Statewide Meeting Madison, WI||Governor’s Conference on Economic Development – 2018||February 1st & 2nd|
|Regional Meetings||April & May 2018|
|Regional Meetings||Oct. & Nov 2018|
|Statewide Meeting Milwaukee, WI||Governor’s Conference on Economic Development – 2019|