REMINDER: State accepting applications for broadband expansion grants
Gov. Scott Walker last month announced a new round of broadband expansion grants for 2018 that will provide up to $7.5 million for broadband projects in underserved areas of the state. The new round of grants will utilize increased broadband funding included in the recently approved state budget bill. The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSC), which administers the broadband expansion grant program, is currently accepting grant applications.
Grant applications must be submitted to the PSC by January 25, 2018. Please note the PSC is advising applicants there are a number of small changes in the application instructions for this round of grants. Please use the following application instructions: APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS.
Grant Process Timeline:
- October 11, 2017 – Date of issue of the application instructions
- January 11, 2018 – Last day for submitting questions and requests for clarification
- January 25, 2018 – Applications due from applicants
- Jan 26 – Feb 15, 2018 – Public comment period
- February 15, 2018 – Last day for submitting comments regarding filed grant applications
Broadband Expansion Grant Resources:
Also, please note that preliminary dates for the Fiscal Year 2019 grant round, which will provide another $7 million in broadband expansion grants, have been set. Applications will tentatively be due in June 2018, with awards being made in August or September of 2018.
If you have any questions on the broadband expansion grant application process, please do not hesitate to contact the WEDA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.