Email us at email@example.com
Connecting projects with potential funders.
Welcome to the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Network of Wisconsin!
This network is a new service of the Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA), which is a statewide non-profit organization focused on advancing community development programming, professional educational training and public policy initiatives.
The CRA Network connects development organizations with community and economic development projects that may be eligible under the Community Reinvestment Act to potential funders. These projects will be focused in the following eligible areas: housing, workforce, community, economic, small business development and disaster recovery that help to revitalize and stabilize communities.
For financial institutions, the CRA Network creates a match making tool to help financial institutions collaborate locally and statewide on Community Reinvestment Act eligible opportunities and strategies. Each application will be assessed for potential eligibility under the CRA criteria prior to being presented at regional CRA Network meetings.
CRA Network of Wisconsin:
- Collaborate and socialize with local leaders in a format designed to strengthen economic inclusion strategies and community development efforts.
- Connect with peers and experts who may advance projects and or provide technical assistance to keep projects on track.
- The CRA Network of Wisconsin links financial institutions with regional development professionals to support successful deals, community growth, and organizational missions.
- Gain unique pathways to eligible CRA projects that may require technical services, lending, and or investments.
- Applications to the CRA Network of Wisconsin will be from regional housing, workforce, community and economic development organization. Applications require information tied to CRA eligibility such as census tract and number of people employed in LMI areas.
- Project presentations will be delivered to financial institutions in closed session. Specific activities that may be eligible under the Community Reinvestment Act will be outlined as part of the presentation discussion.
- Learn about common credit needs and trends in your community.
- Convening with regional peers enables institutions stay informed on changing conditions in different markets.
- Create a network and for CRA and commercial loan officers through relationship building and training opportunities.
- Regional meetings seeks to inform participants on activity in their marketplace, creating access to potential deals.
- Connect CRA and commercial loan officers with relationship building and training opportunities.
- Every regional meeting of financial institutions is followed by a Community Partners luncheon or social hour to foster relationship network opportunities for loan officers and community development professionals.
- Enhance community leadership role of financial institution through increased communication, information, and relationships with community development staff located in each region.
- Participate in the Governor’s Conference on Economic Development, including a CRA specific tract. This conference tract is designed to align community development programs and projects better understand and work with financial institutions, while the financial institutions will receive guidance on CRA.
- The FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and the OCC each shared technical assistance and economic inclusion strategies at the 2018 Governor’s Conference on Economic Development.
2018-19 Meeting Dates & Locations:
|Regional Meeting||Northwest Region – Eau Claire – June 6||Meeting Held|
|Regional Meetings||North Central Region – Wausau – October 29
Location: Jefferson Street Inn, 201 Jefferson St.Northeast Region – Green Bay – October 30 Location: KI Center, 333 Main Street
Southwest Region – La Crosse – November 1
South Central Region – Madison – November 2
South East Region – Milwaukee – November 9
|Governor’s Conference on Economic Development
CRA Tract – FDIC, Federal Reserve and OCC (invited)
|Feb 6 – 8, 2019
|Regional Meetings||Spring 2019||March – May, 2019|