Business Attraction: Selling Your Community Assets
Register today for this exciting virtual training course, scheduled for May 26 from 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM, where participants will be equipped with the fundamental tools to employ successful business attraction efforts. Topics will include the importance of focusing on projects that are a good fit for your community; identifying available sites and buildings; developing the necessary community and site information; and identifying the resources and relationships to support your efforts. Business attraction request for proposal (RFP) tips and best practices will also be explored. In addition, the site selection process will be introduced, including: initial project criteria; the proposal and evaluation process; and negotiations and selection.
If you are new to business attraction, would like a refresher, or want to introduce your board or local officials to important attraction concepts, don’t miss out on this unique course – offered only through the WEDA Academy. Participants who complete the course will have a strong understanding of the following:
- How to prepare your community for business attraction opportunities
- Responding effectively to requests for proposals (RFP)
- The process and criteria used by site selection consultants
- Tips and best practices
CLICK HERE to review the full course overview, including instructor bios.
- WHAT: WEDA Academy Training Course – Business Attraction: Selling Your Community Assets
- WHEN: – Wednesday, May 26, 2021 – 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- WHERE: Virtual training course. A Zoom invite link will be sent out to registrants a day prior to the event date.
- PROFESSIONAL CREDITS: The conference is approved for AICP credits. IEDC credit approval is pending.
- REGISTRATION: Click here to register. Course Fee – $45 for WEDA members; $65 for non-members. A discount is being offered for multiple registrations by a single organization. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com for more information and a discount code.
- Robert Hess – Vice Chairman, NEWMARK: Robert Hess is a Practice Leader and Senior Principal for Newmark’s Global Consulting and Strategy Solutions Group, responsible for strategy development, business development, market outreach and client service. Robert is a preeminent, sought-after service provider and respected leader in corporate location strategy, site selection and incentive negotiations. He has conducted approximately 300 assignments globally, across a variety of industries and asset types, including mega-facility projects in Asia, Europe and Mexico.
- Kim L. Moore, CEcD, EDFP, EDMP – Senior Managing Director, NEWMARK: Kim L. Moore joined Newmark’s Dallas office in 2014. With a background in economic development, incentive negotiation and strategic planning, Kim has led the marketing efforts and strategic planning for the private sector as well as multiple cities and counties. She has a diverse background with a broad range of economic development and incentives experience. She has managed multiple projects that have secured almost 11M SF of new and redeveloped space, increased the tax base with committed investments of more than $1.3 billion, created over 17,600 new jobs and negotiated over $4 billion in incentives.
- Coleman J. Peiffer, AICP – Senior Business Attraction Manager Alliant Energy: Coleman Peiffer has over 10 years of experience in economic development. As the Senior Economic Development Manager at Alliant Energy, Coleman is responsible for the attraction of new business into Alliant’s Wisconsin service territory promoting the business climate, workforce availability, sites and utilities. Prior to his role with Alliant Energy, Coleman led the State of Wisconsin’s business attraction department successfully marketing and attracting major projects to the state. During his tenure with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), Coleman helped attract over $11 billion in capital expenditures and 15,000 new jobs to the state.